Favorite Grampy’s Disney World Crowd Calendar
Planning a trip to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida? Want to know what the best time is to visit Disney World? Check out Favorite Grampy’s Crowd Calendar.
I try to estimate the volume of Guests in each park. I factor in the day of the week, holidays, events, festivals and my personal experience. My predictions are a combination of art and best guess. Even Favorite Grampy can’t see the future.
Walt Disney World Crowd Levels
So here are a few things to keep in mind about crowds when you are planning your magical trip.
- During the summer crowds are huge from Memorial Day to Labor Day, not to mention it’s HOT in Florida during this time.
- Spring break, around mid-March to the first week in April or so, is very busy.
- The parks are packed on and around all holidays. During Christmas break its wall to wall people.
- When there is a big event such as the runDisney, EPCOT Food & Wine Festival, etc., the parks will be more crowded.
- If you only keep one thing in mind remember this point, if school is out for the kids, everyone will be at Walt Disney World having fun. The parks WILL be crowded.
Magic Kingdom Park, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Blizzard Beach Water ParkDisney Park Hours
Extra Magic Hours
What are Extra Magic Hours? If you are staying on property at one of the Walt Disney Resorts, on certain days the guests at those resorts get to enter the park early or stay late as an extra benefit. These Extra Magic Hours can affect how crowded the parks get.Extra Magic Hours
Favorite Grampy likes to go to Disney World during special events so I have gathered a list of the events and festivals for 2018 and 2019. Make sure to check them out.
- August 17 – October 31 (Selected Dates): Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- August 30 – November 12: EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
- November 1-4: Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
- November 8 – December 21 (Selected Dates): Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- January 9 – 13: Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
- January – February: Epcot International Festival of the Arts
- February 21-24: Princess Half Marathon Weekend
- March – May (To Be Announced): EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
- April 4-7: Star Wars Rival Run Weekend
- May (To Be Announced): Star Wars: Galactic Nights
- August – October (Selected Dates To Be Announced): Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- August – November (To Be Announced): EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
- November (To Be Announced): Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
- November – December (Selected Dates To Be Announced): Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
How the Crowds on our Crowd Calendar Estimated
Favorite Grampy has developed an algorithm he calls the Predictive Attendance Relational Crowd System or PARCS (Get it?). PARCS takes into account public information, events happening around the parks and resorts, seasonal pricing, extra magic hours, and personal experience, to come up with Favorite Grampy’s guess of future crowds at the Walt Disney World Parks. Oh, if I only had Madame Leota’s crystal ball.
- Steven M. Barrett
- Publisher: SMBBooks
- Edition no. 8 (09/05/2017)
- Paperback: 343 pages
- The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom EPCOT Disney s Hollywood Studios and Disney s Animal Kingdom
- Susan Veness
- Publisher: Adams Media
- Edition no. 0 (05/01/2015)
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Birnbaum Guides
- Publisher: Disney Editions
- Paperback: 368 pages
- UNOFFICIAL GDS
- Bob Sehlinger, Len Testa
- Publisher: Unofficial Guides
- Edition no. 2018 (08/15/2017)
- Paperback: 864 pages
Last update on 2018-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API